The Eastern Wind Symphony (Princeton, New Jersey) will premiere Joseph T. Spaniola’s composition MONTICELLO (Wind Ensemble). The piece was written for the Eastern Wind Symphony and is a featured work on their February 8, 2020 Soundscapes concert at Princeton University’s Richardson Auditorium. MONTICELLO was inspired by Thomas Jefferson’s descriptions of his home taken from his personal letters.
For more information see: EWS_Monticello2020
Joseph T. Spaniola’s composition CROSSROADS (Trombone and Trombone Ensemble) has advanced to the semi-final round of The 2019 – 2020 American Prize in Composition in the Instrumental Chamber Music division. Adjudication for this division will occur in the coming months. The American Prize celebrates American Excellence in the Arts. Listen to CROSSROADS: https://josephspaniola.com/music/crossroads/
The US Air Force of Band of Mid-America’s album BLUE HORISONS AND BEYOND was released in December 2019. The album contains Dr. Joseph T. Spaniola’s composition, Uplifted: Answering the Call (Wind Ensemble) which was commissioned by the USAF Band of Mid-America in celebration of the 70th Anniversary of The US Air Force and to honor the Air Mobility Command. The album release was made at The Midwest Clinic (an International Band and Orchestra conference) in conjunction with the official print publication release of Uplifted. Listen to UPLIFTED https://josephspaniola.com/music/uplifted/
2019 has been a good year for ESCAPADE: Music for Large and Small Ensembles. Here is a list of the awards, honors and recognition received by the album or music contained therein:
- Global Music Awards: Silver Medal for the album Escapade: Music for Large and Small Ensembles
- Global Music Awards: Top Ten Album of Fall 2019, Escapade: Music for Large and Small Ensembles
- Textura: 2019 Top 20 Albums of 2019, Classical category – #20 Escapade: Music for Large and Small Ensembles
- National Band Association/Revelli Memorial Composition Competition Winner: Escapade (Wind Ensemble)
- The American Prize in Composition: Band/Wind Ensemble Music Division – Honorable Mention for Escapade(Wind Ensemble)
- The American Prize in Composition: Instrumental Chamber Music – Larger Ensemble Category, Third place for Dream(Euphonium and String Quartet)
- Global Music Awards: Silver Medal for Dream(Euphonium and String Quartet)
- Global Music Awards: Silver Medal for Blow, Eastern Winds(Wind Ensemble)
- Yamaha’s One Hundred Best Pieces for Band: Blow, Eastern Winds(Wind Ensemble)
The Midwest Clinic will soon be upon us (Dec 18-21, 2019). Clinic attendees: Stop by the Musica Propria booth (Booth 1700) and get your very own ESCAPADE button. See you in Chicago!